The Bible is Unique
Updated: Apr 24
Dr. Leeland Crotts explains the uniqueness of the Bible from the standpoint of prophecy.
To compare the Bible with other books is absurd. It is totally different. It is unique for many reasons but the main reason is that no other book has foretold the future events like the Bible.
The Old Testament Jewish Scriptures has predicted the birth, life and death of Messiah Jesus in dramatic details. This makes Jesus unique like no other man or religious leader in history. He is one of a kind. No other person can match him. The Jewish scriptures foretold:
1. When Jesus was to be born. Daniel 9: 25-26. The wise men who came to Herod seeking the child born king of the Jews knew when to come from Daniel’s book. Scholars using the Lunar and the Solar Calendar have figured out the exact date when He would be born but it is simpler to notice that “the Messiah will come and be cut off” before the second temple was destroyed which happened in 70A.D.
2. Where He was to be born. Micah 5:2 (Bethlehem)
3. How He was to be born. Isaiah 7:14 (of a virgin)
4. Who was being born? Isaiah 9:6-7 (The Might God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace, who was to set on the throne of King David.)
5. Why He was born, to die as a sacrifice for the sins of mankind. Isaiah 53:1-12
6. What He would do in His life? Isa 61:1-2 “The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD.”
Jesus proclaimed the kingdom of GOD, healing the lame, opening the eyes of the blind, making the deaf to hear, raising the dead, and meeting the needs of the poor.
The scriptures also predicted the death of Messiah Jesus.
7. Why He was betrayed. He would be betrayed and sold for exactly 30 pieces of silver. Zechariah 11:12-13
8. How He was to die? By crucifixion. His hands and His feet would be pierced. Also predicted was the Romans would cast lots for his clothes. Psalms 22: 16-18
9. When Jesus returns he will say, “they shall look upon me who they have pierced,” as predicted by Zechariah 12:10
10. What will happen to his dead body is predicted in Psalms 16:10 He would rise from the dead. The Holy One shall not see corruption.
This is just 10 of 333 predictions in the Bible about Jesus’ coming to earth the first time. To compare Him to other men is beyond reason. Scholars must stick their head in the sand to deny Jesus. But they do. The Bible tells us that we are sinners. Jesus is asking you to believe that He is the only begotten Son of God who died for your sin. John 3:16 The Bible says, to do nothing is condemnation.
Do you like mysteries? Who is this talking about? “He was wounded for our transgression. He was bruised for our iniquities and the chastisement of our peace was upon Him. And with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray, we have turned everyone to his own way, and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.” “He was cut off out of the land of the living; For the transgression of my people was he stricken.”
Do you believe that is talking about Jesus, you are correct. But that was written before 700 B.C. by Isaiah the Bible prophet.
Tell someone today that now you believe in Jesus.
By Dr. Leeland H. Crotts
To offer Dr. Crotts your feedback, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org